Top 10 North American Gardens Worth Travelling For Garden Tourism Awards
Toronto, Canada . . . Tuesday, March 17, 2015 . . . Today the North American Garden Tourism Conference is pleased to announce the recipients of the 2015 ‘Top 10 North American Gardens Worth Traveling For’ Garden Tourism Awards.
Tourism is the world’s fourth largest industry. And Garden Tourism is a significant part of it. “For example,” says Dr. Richard Benfield, author of ‘Garden Tourism’, and chair of the International Garden Tourism Network, “more people visit gardens in the United States than go to Disneyland and Disneyworld combined, and more than visit Las Vegas annually, making Garden Tourism one of the largest sectors in the tourism market.”
Garden Tourism Awards are presented to gardens that have distinguished themselves in the development and promotion of the garden experience as a tourism attraction. Now presented annually, the inaugural Garden Tourism Awards were bestowed at the 2011 North American Garden Tourism Conference held in Toronto, Canada. To view past winners, visit www.gardentourismconference.com and click on the ‘media’ tab.
In the spirit of highlighting North America’s most dynamic garden experiences and Garden Tourism’s limitless potential, in consultation with a North American jury, the North American Garden Tourism Conference is honoured to announce the 2015 recipients of the ‘Top 10 North American Gardens Worth Travelling For’ Garden Tourism Awards.
TOP 10 NORTH AMERICAN GARDENS WORTH TRAVELLING FOR (in alphabetical order)
- The Butchart Gardens. Brentwood Bay, British Columbia
- Chanticleer Garden. Wayne, Pennsylvania
- Denver Botanic Gardens. Denver, Colorado
- Desert Botanical Garden. Phoenix, Arizona
- Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden. Miami, Florida
- Huntington Botanical Gardens. San Marino, California
- Jardin Botanico de Culiacan. Culiacan, Mexico
- Longwood Gardens. Kennett Square, Pennsylvania
- Montréal Botanical Garden. Montréal, Québec
- Vallarta Botanical Gardens. Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
For more information (media only) please contact:
Michel Gauthier: Executive Director, Canadian Garden Council and
Chair, North American Garden Tourism Conference
Tel: 613-3014554 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Abby Spencer: Director of Marketing & Outreach
American Public Gardens Association (APGA)